Women in the World: New York
The 2015 Women in the World New York Summit brought women on the front lines in 21 countries together to tell their stories over three days at New York’s Lincoln Center.
View the 2015 summit agenda here.
Volunteer with organizations from our stage here.
- Hillary Clinton
- Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton, Former U.S. Secretary of State, U.S. Senator and First Lady, on the Keynote Address by Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton at The 2015 Women In The World Summit, Lincoln Center, New York City; 4/23/2015
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, Ava DuVernay, Meryl Streep, and Jon Stewart
- Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, CEO, SOC Films, Ava DuVernay, Film Director and Founder of AFFRM , Meryl Streep, Actress and Jon Stewart, Comedian/Host at The 2015 Women In The World Summit, Lincoln Center, New York City; 4/22/2015
- Angelina Jolie Pitt
- After testifying before the U.N. Security Council, Angelina Jolie Pitt put the finishing touches on the 2015 Women in the World Summit with an impassioned speech on women’s rights in war-torn regions like Syria and Iraq.
- Aamir Khan and Zainab Slabi
- Aamir Khan, Indian Movie Star and Creator and Host of the weekly television show Satyamev Jayate, speaks with Zainab Salbi.
- Barbra Streisand
- Barbra Streisand discusses how heart disease affects women, and the disparity in heart disease research for women.
- Freida Pinto
- Freida Pinto at The 2015 Women In The World Summit.
- Helen Mirren and Tina Brown
- Helen Mirren and Tina Brown took to the stage for an intimate conversation. Mirren weighed in on sexism in Hollywood. “This is the most important thing to teach our daughters: to gain financial independence,” she said. “In a sense, that’s been the driving force of my life.”