Harvey Weinstein has reportedly reached a $44 million settlement with women who accused him of sexual misconduct, but actress Ashley Judd is not among them, NBC News reports. Judd, who filed a lawsuit last year claiming that Weinstein sabotaged her career after she rejected his sexual advances, tweeted that she plans to take him to trial.
“My lawsuit against #harveyweinstein is ongoing and I intend to take him to trial,” she tweeted, noting in a separate tweet that she is not part of any settlement.
— ashley judd (@AshleyJudd) May 24, 2019
At the time Judd filed her suit, a Weinstein spokesman said the former producer had not defamed her or hindered her career, according to NBC.
Judd was one of the first women to speak out against Weinstein, telling The New York Times that he made sexual advances after inviting her to his hotel room some two decades ago. She said she refused him, then walked out.
After the incident, Judd has said, Weinstein smeared her, preventing her from getting roles and seriously curtailing her career.
Judd helped launch the #MeToo movement by speaking out.
Read the full story at NBC News.