A television show hosted by Chris Hardwick has been pulled in the wake of abuse allegations against the comedian.
The New York Times reports AMC has announced that it will not air the second season of Talking with Chris Hardwick, which was scheduled to debut on Sunday.
“We have had a positive working relationship with Chris Hardwick for many years,” the network said, according to the Times. “We take the troubling allegations that surfaced yesterday very seriously. While we assess the situation, Talking With Chris Hardwick will not air on AMC.”
Last week, Chloe Dykstra, Hardwick’s ex-girlfriend, posted an essay on Medium alleging that a former boyfriend had emotionally abused her and imposed strict rules on her behavior — like forbidding her from drinking or speaking in public. She also claims that the boyfriend sexually assaulted her. “I was expected to be ready for him when he came home from work,” Dykstra writes.
Dykstra did not name Hardwick, a successful podcaster and founder of the media empire Nerdist, as her abuser. But as Vulture points out, she liked a tweet that linked to her article and mentioned Hardwick by name.
Hardwick has denied the allegations. “I’m devastated to read that she is now accusing me of conduct that did not occur,” he said in a statement, according to the Times.
But AMC has not been the only organization to take action against the comedian. The music and comedy festival Kaaboo has removed Hardwick from its lineup. His name has also been removed from the Nerdist website.
Read the full story at The New York Times.