Paid silence

In 6-year-old interview that just surfaced, adult film star Stormy Daniels admits to affair with Trump

Adult film actress Stormy Daniels attends Trump Vodka launch party at Les Deux on January 17, 2007 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Chad Buchanan/Getty Images)

In a letter released by Donald Trump’s lawyer on January 10, Stephanie Clifford, the adult film actress known as Stormy Daniels, denied a Wall Street Journal report that she was paid $130,000 to keep quiet about an affair she had with the real estate mogul-turned-reality TV star and now president in 2006. But in a 2011 interview that she gave to In Touch magazine, which its editors have dusted off and published in the latest issue, Daniels was outspoken about a sexual encounter she then said she had with Trump at his Lake Tahoe hotel suite less than four months after his wife, Melania, gave birth to their son, Barron.

“[The sex] was textbook generic,” said Daniels at the time. “I actually don’t even know why I did it, but I do remember while we were having sex, I was like, ‘Please, don’t try to pay me.’”

According to Daniels’ account, which the magazine says was corroborated at the time by her friend Randy Spears, her ex-husband Mike Moz and by the fact that she passed a polygraph test at the time, the affair started after Trump began flirting with her at a celebrity golf tournament in July 2006. She said that he asked her out to dinner, but that when she arrived at his hotel room she found him watching TV in pajama pants. So, she recalled, they had dinner in his room instead, and after she went to the bathroom she came back to him sitting on the bed.

“He was like, ‘Come here.’ And I was like, ‘Ugh, here we go.’ And we started kissing,’” Daniels recalled. After they had sex, she added, he told her over and over again that he had to see her again and that he would get her on The Apprentice. According to Daniels, Trump continued to call her and the two met up again on several other occasions, including at his private bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles.

Remarkably, it appears that Fox News reporter Diana Falzone had been prepared to break the story about Daniels’ purported affair with Trump in October 2016, just days after the leak of the Access Hollywood tape and ahead of the election, according to a report by CNN’s Oliver Darcy. Falzone even saw emails about the alleged settlement that Trump was offering for Daniels’ silence, the report said, citing sources inside Fox News with knowledge of how the potential bombshell story was handled. Fox News, however, killed the story, according to the CNN report, because, Noah Kotch, the editor in chief and vice president of Fox News digital, said editors “were unable to verify all of the facts.” In May 2017, Falzone also filed a gender discrimination lawsuit against the network.

Alana Evans, a friend and former colleague of Daniels, has also spoken to Megyn Kelly on Today about phone calls she received from Daniels asking her to come join her and Trump in their hotel room. According to Evans, Trump himself even spoke to her over the phone to offer the invitation personally. Through his personal attorney Michael Cohen, Trump again disputed the reports of an extramarital affair, saying he “vehemently denies any such occurrence, as has Ms. Daniels.”

Watch Evans’ interview with Megyn Kelly below.

Read the full story at In Touch Weekly and CNN.

Related

Trump refers to Melania as his ‘trophy wife’ and is an absentee father, new book claims

Donald Trump apologizes to all women in hilarious fake mash-up video

More than 100 Democrats call for Congressional investigation of Trump over sexual misconduct claims

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *