Onslaught

Former ‘Apprentice’ contestant accuses Trump of making unwanted sexual contact

Summer Zervos, a former contestant on the TV show The Apprentice, reacts next to lawyer Gloria Allred (L) while speaking about allegations of sexual misconduct against Donald Trump during a news conference in Los Angeles, California, U.S. October 14, 2016. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian - RTSSAY5

A former contestant on NBC hit show The Apprentice came forward with claims Friday that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, then the star of the show, made unwanted sexual advances toward her in 2007 when the two were ostensibly meeting to discuss job prospects. Summer Zervos, appearing at a press conference in Los Angeles alongside attorney Gloria Allred, read an emotional statement after Allred had detailed the accusations. “Instead of a job, Ms. Zervos claims she got the Donald all over her, kissing her, touching her breasts, leading her into his bedroom,” Allred said. “Donald, before you can become President of the United States, you must first learn to treat women with respect.”

Zervos said she met with Trump at the Beverly Hills Hotel to discuss a possible job opportunity within the Trump organization in 2007. Zervos thought she and Trump would be discussing business over dinner, but she said instead she was led to a bungalow where Trump greeted her and forcibly kissed her on the mouth, pulling her towards him. He continued to aggressively kiss her and grabbed her breast as she tried to push him away. He continued to pursue her, thrusting his genitals at her, she said. Here’s a clip from the press conference.

Later, he seemed to back off and treat the encounter like a traditional job interview. She said Trump told her to meet him at his nearby golf course the next day. Eventually, she alleges she was offered a lower-paying job with the Trump organization, but was told never to use Trump’s private phone number.

Zervos said she was reluctant about coming forward with the allegations, but was motivated to do so after the release of a 2005 video last week, in which Trump could be heard bragging that women allow him to “grab them by the pussy” because he’s a celebrity.

At the end of the press conference, reporters asked Allred if she’d be representing any other women who allege sexual assault by Trump. “Many more women have contacted me,” Allred said, adding that Zervos would be the only woman to come forward on Friday.

Meanwhile, The Washington Post published a story and video on Friday depicting another woman who says Trump groped her in a New York City nightclub back in the early 1990s. Kristin Anderson, 46, a photographer now living in California said she encountered Trump at a nightclub in Manhattan. Trump was sitting at her table but the two hadn’t been introduced or exchanged a single word of conversation when, unexpectedly, Trump allegedly reached his hand up her skirt. “He did touch my vagina through my underwear,” Andersen told The Washington Post.

Trump, through a spokesperson, denied the allegations made by Anderson. “Mr. Trump strongly denies this phony allegation by someone looking to get some free publicity. It is totally ridiculous,” Hope Hicks said on behalf of Trump in a statement to the Post.

Watch Anderson’s full interview with the Post below.

[protected-iframe id=”e7a0f1e1268813c6aa8ed91b7915e4ef-83869857-82339811″ info=”//www.washingtonpost.com/video/c/embed/b903f5c4-9222-11e6-bc00-1a9756d4111b” width=”480″ height=”290″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” webkitallowfullscreen=”” mozallowfullscreen=”” allowfullscreen=””]

Read the full story at The Associated Press and The Washington Post.

Related

4 women come forward alleging Donald Trump has inappropriately touched them

Spurred by Trump tape, millions of women share stories of sexual assault

Women stage ‘pussy’ protest outside Trump Tower in New York City

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *