- President Obama Attends Tampa Bay Devil Rays v Cuban National Team Baseball Game In Havana
- Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 10.32.14 AM
- Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha tour La Catedral de la Virgen Maria de la Concepcion Inmaculada in Old Havana.
- Malia (C) and Sasha (R) arrive with their parents at the Jose Marti international airport in Havana.
- Barack and Michelle Obama, and daughters Malia and Sasha greet dignitaries upon arrival in Havana.
- Taking shelter from the pouring rain under umbrellas, U.S. President Barack Obama, his daughter Malia, 17, and members of the first family take a walking tour of in the plaza of the 18th century Catedral de San Cristobal de la Habana in the historic Old Havana neighborhood March 20, 2016.
- Sasha and Malia accompany their parents to the Cathedral de los Angeles in Havana.
- President Barack Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama (L) and their daughters Malia and Sasha (R) arrive at Jose Marti international airport in Havana on March 20, 2016.
- Taking shelter from the pouring rain under umbrellas, Barack Obama, his daughter Malia, 17, and members of the first family take a walking tour of in the plaza of the 18th century Catedral de San Cristobal de la Habana in the historic Old Havana neighborhood.
- President Barack Obama (L), first lady Michelle Obama (4th L) and their daughters Malia (2nd R), 17, and Sasha (2nd L), 14, stop to look at a painting of Abraham Lincoln in the Museum of the City of Havana during a walking tour of the historic Old Havana, March 20, 2016.
- Barack Obama and daughter Malia share a laugh as Malia interprets in Spanish for a restauranteur in Havana.
- Michelle Obama attends a “Let Girls Learn” conversation with female Cuban students (R) at the Fabrica de Arte Cubano in Havana.
- Patrons at a Havana hotel wave as the Obama family walk past.
Sasha and Malia Obama haven’t tagged along on many of their father’s trips to meet with foreign leaders, but this year’s spring break opportunity was too good to pass up. The First Family joined President Obama on his historic trip to Cuba, the first by a sitting U.S. President in nearly 90 years, as the visit coincided with the Obama girls’ weeklong break from the Sidwell Friends school they attend in Washington. Malia and Sasha toured Old Havana and took in an exhibition baseball game between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Cuban national team during their visit, in addition to witnessing the meeting between their father and Cuban President Raul Castro.
The First Daughters have not traveled very often with their father while in office, save for the family’s annual vacations to Martha’s Vineyard and Hawaii and occasional trips, such as their visit to South Africa in 2013. But the pair have had more visibility at Obama’s workplace affairs recently, including attending their first state dinner with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau earlier this month, where they chatted with movie star Ryan Reynolds.
Read the full story at The New York Times.