Health officials in Texas on Monday announced that they were dropping Planned Parenthood from the state’s Medicaid program over the incendiary series of undercover videos that sparked controversy earlier this year. In a letter sent to Planned Parenthood leadership, health officials said the clinics were possibly “liable, directly or by affiliation, for a series of serious Medicaid program violations.” Planned Parenthood fired back at the decision. In a statement, executive vice president Dawn Laguens said, “It is completely outrageous that Texas officials are using these thoroughly discredited, fraudulent videos to cut women off from preventive health care.” Laguens vowed to fight back against the “malicious” action. The decision came just hours after a federal judge ordered the state of Louisiana, another front in the abortion battle, to continue funding Planned Parenthood through Medicaid for another 14 days.
Read the full story at The Associated Press.