Criminal intent?

Saudi prince accused of sex assault in L.A. mansion dodges felony charges

THE MANSION WHERE MAJED ABDULAZIZ AL-SAUD ALLEGEDLY TERRORIZED THREE FEMALE ATTENDANTS. (KTLA SCREEN SHOT)

Majed Abdulaziz Al-Saud, a 29-year-old Saudi Prince who was arrested last month after being accused by a female worker of trying to force her to perform a sex act on him won’t face felony charges, prosecutors said on Monday. The arrest stemmed from an incident that took place at a ritzy mansion the prince is renting in Beverly Glen, a gated community near Beverly Hills, where the woman was reportedly seen by a neighbor climbing an eight-foot wall surrounding the compound trying to escape. The neighbor had said the woman was bleeding and screaming for help. L.A. county prosecutors said there wasn’t sufficient evidence to file felony charges, but that doesn’t mean Al-Saud is in the clear. His case is being referred to the L.A. city prosecutor’s office, and, just two days after Al-Saud’s arrest, three women filed a civil lawsuit against the prince alleging sexual abuse during the incident that led to his arrest. Through his attorney, Al-Saud has maintained his innocence. He was freed on $300,000 bail the day he was arrested. Despite prosecutors’ decision to not pursue charges, the women are resolute in pressing forward with the civil suit, which charges Al-Saud with “extreme,” “outrageous,” and “despicable” behavior that resulted in emotional distress, assault and battery and sexual discrimination.

Read the full story at The Los Angeles Times.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *