— Al Jazeera America (@ajam) August 30, 2015
Ten schoolgirls who were abducted from their dormitories in Chibok, Nigeria, by Boko Haram in April 2014 have moved to the United States and are attending school, according to Al Jazeera America. The armed group took nearly 300 girls last year, sparking the Bring Back Our Girls campaign, which included supporters like first lady Michelle Obama and Pakistani education advocate Malala Yousafzai. “I know I said I would never go to school again but things have changed,” an 18-year-old named Lily said. “I am in America!” About 219 schoolgirls are still missing, likely being held in Sambisa Forest, Boko Haram’s hideout in Nigeria. According to Amnesty International, Boko Haram has kidnapped an estimated 2,000 people, mostly women.
Read the full story at Al Jazeera America.