Heartbreaking

Investigators release last words of 21-year-old British woman who died after ingesting toxic “slimming pills”

An inquest into the death of Eloise Parry, a British student who died after taking toxic weight-loss pills, showed that she knew she was going to die. Parry, a 21-year old student with a history of bulimia, died after taking eight unlicensed tablets containing dinitrophenol (DNP), which she had purchased on the Internet. Just four hours before her death she texted her university lecturer saying,  “I screwed up big time. Binged/purged all night and took four pills at 4am. I took another four when I woke and I started vomiting soon after. I think I am going to die.” Coroner John Ellery, who ruled her death accidental, said he would write to the government urging a review of the classification of DNP, which is marketed as a “fat burning” pill. Her mother, Fiona Parry, also urged much harsher and stiffer penalties for the distributing and supplying of DNP, adding “looking good should never cost you your health or your life.”

Read the full story at The Independent.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *