Toyota’s Mothers of Invention series identifies and recognizes women who actively contribute to their communities and the world through innovation, entrepreneurship and invention. Since 2012, Toyota has partnered with Women in the World to honor the Mothers of Invention and the work they are doing to positively affect the lives of others. To learn more visit www.nytimes.com/toyotamoi.
Do you know anyone that is an innovator or entrepreneur who is trying to make a difference? Nominate them now!
CRITERIA FOR MOTHER OF INVENTION
1) Must be female
2) Must be a founder or inventor of either a physical invention, or a novel organization that is making change for good.
3) She must be based in the United States, though the organization or invention might be used or active globally.
Submit your nomination now:
[protected-iframe id=”98a7bcfc15bf31dc817cddde8e2e701d-83869857-1057621″ info=”https://d2g9qbzl5h49rh.cloudfront.net/static/prototype.forms.js” ]
1. No Purchase or Payment of Any Kind is Necessary to PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. A purchase will not improve your chance to win. Void where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. ELIGIBILITY TO BE NOMINATED. In order to be eligible to be nominated as an “Entrant,” you must be a female resident of the United States, who is 18 years of age or older, and be a founder or inventor of either a physical invention or an organization that is making change for social good in the United States or globally. Employees of Women in the World, LLC, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc., and their respective affiliates, and any other companies or agencies associated with this contest (such as advertising, promotion, fulfillment or judging agencies) (collectively, the “Giveaway Entities”) are not eligible to be nominated as an Entrant.
3. HOW TO BE NOMINATED? Entrants must be nominated by a non-family member and cannot enter themselves into the contest. The “Nominator” must complete the entry form above which includes the Nominator’s contact information as well as an email address for the Entrant (the “Entry Form”). All entries must include an original essay not to exceed five hundred (500) words describing why the Entrant deserves to be the Mother of Invention. Submission of any Entry Form constitutes each Nominator’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and all decisions made by the Giveaway Entities, which are final and binding in all matters related to this contest. The Giveaway Entities reserve the right to change these Official Rules at any time.
By entering this contest, each Nominator represents and warrants that he or she is the person listed on the Entry Form and the author of the Entry Form submitted in connection with the contest. All Entries must be original. Nominators agree to fully indemnify the Giveaway Entities for all damages incurred as the result of the use of another’s written work. Entry Forms may not be offensive or defamatory, or violate the rights of third parties, as determined by the Giveaway Entities in their sole discretion. The Giveaway Entities are not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are lost, late, delayed, misdirected, electronically garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost in cyberspace due to any reason, all of which will void the entry. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Giveaway Entities.
Entry Forms must be submitted between 9:00 AM ET on Friday, April 24, 2015 and 11:59 PM ET on Saturday, August 1, 2015 (the “Entry Period”). The Giveaway Entities reserve the right to extend or reopen the Entry Period in their sole discretion.The Giveaway Entities reserve the right to disqualify any non-conforming Entry Forms or Entrants and/or terminate the contest without the award of any prizes if the Giveaway Entities, in their sole discretion, determine that all Entrants or Entry Forms are unacceptable.
4. NUMBER OF ENTRIES. Each Nominator may submit only one Entry Form and may nominate only one Entrant. The Entry Forms of Nominators who are determined to have submitted more than one Entry Form or to have nominated more than one Entrant may be disqualified.
An Entrant may be nominated by more than one Nominator; in that case, each Nominator’s Entry Form will be a separate entry and will be considered individually. An Entrant is not eligible to win more than one prize.
5. CONTENT REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY FORM.
All content in Nominator’s Entry Form must be entirely original.
Once the Nominator has submitted his or her Entry Form, the entry is final and may not be modified or edited. Nominators are solely responsible for transmission of Entry Forms and assume all risk that such Entry Forms are not received by the Giveaway Entities or are received incompletely. The Giveaway Entities shall have no liability or obligation with regard to Entry Forms which are not received, or are received incompletely, without regard to the reasons for such incompleteness or non-delivery.
6. HOW DOES AN ENTRANT WIN? In its sole discretion, a panel of judges appointed by the Giveaway Entities will select three candidates (the “Candidates”) from among all Entrants, based upon the information provided by the Nominators. The panel of judges will select the Candidates based on the Entrant’s invention or organization and its impact towards making change for social good, such as by supporting public health, promoting social change, remediating poverty, or educating underserved populations. Diversity of life experience, background and education may also be taken into consideration. The Candidates will be selected on or about 8/1/15. The Giveaway Entities will attempt to contact the Candidates by email, using the information provided on the Entry Form, on or about 9/15/15. If any Candidate does not acknowledge the communication from the Giveaway Entities within five (5) days, the Giveaway Entities may select a different Candidate using the same procedure described above.
From the three Candidates, a different panel of judges appointed by the Giveaway Entities will select, in its sole discretion, the Grand Prize Winner.
In order for the Grand Prize Winner to receive the Grand Prize, she may be required to sign and return a Consent and Release Agreement.
Odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received and the judgment of the panels of judges appointed by the Giveaway Entities.
Candidates are subject to verification of eligibility and identity per these rules, which may include a background check and completion of any forms or documentation required by the Giveaway Entities to complete such background check, the results of which must be completely satisfactory as determined by Giveaway Entities in their absolute and sole discretion.
7. WHAT DOES THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WIN?
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip to a Woman in the World event to be held in the United States in 2015 or 2016. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2500. Final actual value may vary at time of booking. In no event shall the Giveaway Entities be responsible for any travel, hotel or associated expenses in excess of $2500. The selection of the event, including the dates, the location and other details are at the sole discretion of the Giveaway Entities. Certain limitations on travel and associated expenses apply. The Grand Prize includes one (1) round-trip coach class airfare from an airport within the United States reasonably close to the Grand Prize Winner’s city of residence to the location of the event. Ground transportation to and from the airport may also be included. All travel arrangements will be made by the Giveaway Entities, whose decisions regarding the itinerary are final. Selection of airline and airport shall be at the discretion of Giveaway Entities. The Grand Prize Winner must have valid travel documents (e.g., government issued identification) prior to departure, and failure to do so may result in forfeiture of all or some aspects of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel. The Giveaway Entities are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation or delay or any weather or airline issues that prevent the Grand Prize Winner from traveling, in which event any missed portion of the Grand Prize trip is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided. The Grand Prize also includes a two (2) night stay in one (1) standard hotel room for the Woman in the World event. All other expenses not specified above including, but not limited to, baggage fees, additional transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, incidentals, and taxes are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize Winner.
The Grand Prize Winner will be issued a Form 1099 for the actual value of the Grand Prize. Taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize is not transferable and has no have no cash value. The Giveaway Entities reserve the right to substitute the prize, or any part of the prize in their sole discretion.
9. DISPUTES. Each Nominator and Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Nominators or Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Nominators and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Nominators, Entrants and the Giveaway Entities in connection with the contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. HOLD HARMLESS. By participating in the contest, you agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities and their employees, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of actions, or losses of any kind resulting from your participation in this contest, including infringement of intellectual property rights. The Giveaway Entities and each of their employees, directors, officers, affiliates, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies assume no responsibility or liability for any damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part from this contest.