Thrown out

No charges for Harvey Weinstein following groping allegations

Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images

The Manhattan district attorney’s office will not pursue charges against Oscar-winning movie producer Harvey Weinstein, a spokeswoman said on Friday. Late last month, 22-year-old Italian model Ambra Battilana accused the movie mogul of having groped her during a closed-door meeting inside his office. Weinstein, 63, denied the allegations, but took heat on Twitter over his alleged inappropriate behavior toward women, which one writer described as an ‘open secret’ in Hollywood. The DA spokeswoman said the reason prosecutors won’t press charges is because, “After analyzing the available evidence, including multiple interviews with both parties, a criminal charge is not supported.” A spokesperson for Weinstein said he is ‘pleased’ the two-week probe is behind him.

Read the full story at the New York Daily News.

EDITOR'S NOTE: This article is independent of and separate from any views of The New York Times.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *